In this technical age, one has to be well-versed with various aspects of technology that prove handy in everyday life. This is more than just a necessity for people living in the 21st century. One such thing that holds major importance in a modern household is a Router. For those who have no idea what are routers and how to find $100 wireless routers for Home, then you must read the following article to know everything about routers.
What is a router?
The router is one of the most basic hardware that acts as a home network device by allowing communication between the personal computer of its user and other devices that are connected to that system along with the internet. Routers are used at homes for facilitating small networks that would suffice for the internet requirements of a basic residential household. A router is also known as a residential gateway that depicts its function in a precise manner.
The purpose of a router
Apart from acting as a network gateway, a router has other applications as well. While some of them have been mentioned below, contact your internet service provider for more details:
1. The router functions as a means to secure the network from external intrusions. This safeguards your important information and personal data from unwanted breaches and attacks.
2. There is inbuilt software inside the router which is known as firmware. This software has to be updated by the manufacturer in order to give the customers a smooth and safe internet browsing experience.
3. A router helps in issuing a unique Internet Protocol address called private IP address to its user. This network connection is known as LAN (Local Area Network).
4. Require drivers: This type of router can be connected to other devices via cables and can be operated easily to fulfill the networking needs.
5. Do not require drivers: This type of router connects to the network devices like a computer through a USB or a FireWire to operate properly.
Some important specifications
These days, the router comes in a lot of shapes and sizes and the user can choose from them according to his/her preferences. There are wireless routers as well that also provide internet to numerous devices at the same time. So, if your home is devoid of such an internet connection with the use of a router, get one connection for yourself and enjoy sharing and receiving files through your network.